Exploring the Unknown

Exploring the Unknown
Live Life One Mile at a Time!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shadow Boxers

A Tale of Two Champions



"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." 

- Rocky Balboa (2006)

My boys, like all five & two year old's are nothing if not impressionable. However, after watching Real Steel (2011) last Autumn with my oldest son I can't deny that the movie got me thinking about how wonderful those Rocky movies still are! In fact, I still get as involved with Rocky's fights as I did the first time I watched them as a kid. Love it or hate it there is something quintessential about boxing in and of itself that seems to pull at our heart strings. Perhaps it is the bare knuckles of it all with only the sheer will power of each opponent keeping them going?! Maybe its the lore of Rocky itself fighting against all the odds and becoming something from nothing?! Whatever the case may be my boys are no exception as they delight in practicing their non-existent skills and train accordingly. Captured by my wife, Jennifer, one night witness the end result of several hours of hard work and training for their future boxing careers!

7 comments:

  1. HI, and if it wasn’t so late I’d have called you! I love it!!! They are so cute! Joel has sure grown and so has Jasper. Lot in less than a year.

    Thanks for including me in these family things. I love it! Really do!! It makes me feel like a part of something very special!!

    Love to all,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love their push-ups

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!! I see that they a full training regiment. Lol!!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome! They rock!. Can't believe how big they're getting, Mario!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping that it would have been set to 'Eye of the tiger'
    Definitely worth keeping for their 21st birthdays :-)

    ReplyDelete